Monday, September 14, 2009

Late summer blooms!

Here are some pictures of the rose that I bought Rachel for Mother's Day this year. We thought that we had lost it to some kind of bug, but I dusted it with rose powder and it came back and bloomed. It had two buds, but one was only half a blossom.



I was trying to get this certain little man to stand still while I took his picture with the rose but you know how kids are.





This is the hibiscus that we have had for many years. The flowers are just so big and beautiful.



Here is the rose about two days later in full bloom. It is so pretty.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't notice these pictures when I saw the ones of all the canning, but you did a great job with the flowers, especially the rose...it IS very beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Jeff - I'm sorry I didn't realize Wed. is your 50th!!! (I didn't think to check my genealogy for the year of birth, and no one has mentioned an "Over The Hill" party?!) I could have found a "50th" card, at least :-( I hope it will be very special, anyhow! Aunt Marilyn